The City Psychology Practice
Suite 5 Level 10, 187 Macquarie Street, Sydney, 2000.
Gillian is the Director of the City Psychology Practice
Gillian Marcoolyn, a Sydney clinical psychologist, sees both individuals and couples with a variety of problems.
Gillian Marcoolyn, a Sydney clinical psychologist, uses Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) in her work. ACT gets its name from one of its main principals: accept what is out of your personal control and commit to action that improves and enriches your life. She helps her clients live a meaningful life through the practice of mindfulness and values guided action. To understand more about ACT please refer to the website: www.actmindfully.com.au
Gillian Marcoolyn, a Sydney clinical psychologist, has worked as a clinical psychologist for over twenty years. She has an Honours degree in Psychology and a Masters degree in Clinical Psychology. She is a member of the Clinical College of the Australian Psychological Society. She has worked in community mental health, corrective services and in a large psychological firm providing psychological services to corporate organizations. She has also worked as a lecturer in tertiary institutions in Hong Kong.
Gillian, a Sydney clinical psychologist, has been in private practice both in Hong Kong and Sydney for over fifteen years. Her special interests are in relationship and sexual therapy and anxiety disorders but she treats a wide variety of problems in her practice. She also conducts medico-legal assessments. She has become increasingly involved in executive coaching and work-place mediation in recent years.
In addition to seeing individuals and couples , The City Psychology Practice also conducts:
- Screening individuals for immigration and adoption purposes.
- Assessment of victims of crime as part of their Victims compensation claims
- Provision of sentencing reports for those facing criminal charges.
- Regarding potential for violence following a workplace conflict.
- Involving cases of harassment or workplace bullying.
- As part of a coaching process in management and leadership skills.
- For the provision of rehabilitation of workplace injury cases
- Worker’s compensation pre-liability assessments
- Fully registered with NSW Psychologists’ Registration Board Registration No. PS0030884
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society College of Clinical Psychologists
- Victims Compensation Tribunal – Accredited report writer.